This is a partial listing of ASTDD publications and documents. For additional items, search by topic area or look under A-Z.
- ASTDD 2012 Annual Report
- ASTDD Marketing Tool 2006
Why are ASTDD and State Oral Health Programs Important? This document "makes the case" for why federal, national, state, and local agencies and organizations should support SOHPs and ASTDD and include them in their oral health promotion efforts.(March 2012)
- Competencies for State Oral Health Programs
These competencies represent those skill sets needed for a successful state oral health program, whether they are present in oral health program staff or are obtained from other programs or outside sources. To reflect varying levels of skills, four levels of attainment are included for each competency. Competencies can help states determine where the program stands and what are realistic expectations and aspirations. The competencies were developed as companion tool to the Guidelines for State and Territorial Oral Health Programs.
- ASTDD Guidelines for State & Territorial Oral Health Programs
The guidelines were developed in 1985 to provide a working document for guidance to health agency officials and public health administrators in the development and operation of oral health programs at the state level. Revisions were made in 1997, 2001 and 2005. Links to Best Practice Approach Reports and successful practice examples were added to the guidelines in the 2005, 2006 and 2007 revisions. The June 2010 revision includes two parts. Part I provides an overview of oral health disparities and strategies for prevention. Part II is a matrix of state oral health program roles for each of the ten essential public health services.
Infrastructure Enhancement Project 2012
This 50+ page report reviews State Oral Health Program (SOHP) infrastructure from 2000 to 2010 and the programs' capacity to address Core Public Health Functions and deliver the 10 Essential Public Health Services. It includes Lessons Learned, Recommendations, Next Steps and a table on Return on Investments. Shorter, targeted versions for specific audiences, e.g., funders, policymakers, oral health coalitions, health agency administrators, will be posted as soon as they are available.
- "Building Infrastructure and Capacity in State and Territorial Oral Health Programs" - The document focuses on building infrastructure and capacity for state and territorial oral health programs. An infrastructure consists of systems, people, relationships, and the resources that would enable state oral health programs to perform public health functions. Capacity enables the development of expertise and competence and the implementation of strategies. Building infrastructure and capacity is a high priority for state and territorial oral health programs since this will help achieve national, state and territorial oral health objectives.
- State Oral Health Program Flyer State Oral Health Program Flyer trifold version
- ASTDD Brochures
ASTDD has a promotional brochure that highlights ASTDD as an organization, and our membership categories. There are two versions of the brochure; one is a tri-fold and the other reads left to right for double-sided copying without folding.
- Synopsis of State Oral Health Programs Summary Report 2012
- "Oral Health Matters," ASTDD's Newsletter, is published on a seasonal basis. Send comments, articles or notices for inclusion in the newsletter to Lynn Bethel, editor. LynnABethel@aol.com
PREVIOUS ISSUES:Spring 2012 Fall 2012 Winter 2013 Spring 2013