Data Collection, Assessment and Surveillance
Assessing Oral Health Needs: ASTDD Seven-Step Model
Needs assessment is not an end in itself, but the initial step in the development of a comprehensive oral health program plan. This document has been created to make needs assessment simpler and more manageable. It serves as a step-by-step guide that can be adapted to specific community resources and objectives.
- Cover Page
- Step 1 - Identify Partners and form advisory committee
- Step 2 - Conduct self assessment to determine goals and resources
- Step 3 - Plan Needs Assessment
- Step 4 - Collect data
- Step 5 - Organize and Analyze data
- Step 6 - Utilize data for program planning, advocacy and education
- Prioritize issues and report findings.
- Step 7 - Evaluate Needs Assessment
- Worksheets 1-4