ASTDD Basic Screening Surveys
- ASTDD Basic Screening Survey for Children Planning and Implementation Tool Kit
- ASTDD Basic Screening Survey for Older Adults Planning and Implementation Tool Kit
- Reference Documents
- The Basic Screening Survey - A Tool for Oral Health Surveillance not Research
- Sample Budget for a Basic Screening Survey
- IRB Review, HIPAA and Oral Health Surveys
- Guidance on Selecting a Sample for a School-Based Oral Health Survey
- Guidance on How to Analyze Data from a School-Based Oral Health Survey
- Using Oral Health Data to Inform Decision's and Policy Development
- National School Lunch Program, FERPA, PPRA, and Oral Health Surveys
- Assessing Oral Health Needs: ASTDD Seven-Step Model
- NOHSS Submission Form - Head Start
- NOHSS Submission Form - K, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade
- States with Oral Health Data
- Technical Assistance Request Form
- Oral Health Data and Surveillance Resources
The 2015 revisions to the children's BSS Tool Kit was supported by Cooperative Agreement SU8DP004919 from the Division of Oral Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of CDC.
Funding for the Older Adult publication was provided through the Division of Oral Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Cooperative Agreement #5U58DP001695-02.
This tool includes all the information you will need to plan and conduct a Basic Screening Survey of preschool or school age children including the manual, examiner training PowerPoint, examiner training videos, the reference guide for screeners, and all reference documents. The BSS manual and examiner training videos are also available in Spanish.
Order and download the Basic Screening Survey for Older Adults Planning and Implementation Toolkit
This toolkit includes all the information you will need to plan and conduct a Basic Screening Survey of high risk older adults at congregate meal sites or long-term care facilities including the manual, examiner training video, sample screening forms, sample examiner training PowerPoint, and related reference documents.
Technical Assistance Request Form
State, territorial and local health jurisdictions may receive technical assistance on the development and implementation of a Basic Screening Survey. To request technical assistance please complete and submit the TA request form.