ASTDD Basic Screening Surveys
- ASTDD Basic Screening Survey for Children Planning and Implementation Tool Kit
- ASTDD Basic Screening Survey for Older Adults Planning and Implementation Tool Kit
- Reference Documents
- The Basic Screening Survey - A Tool for Oral Health Surveillance not Research
- Sample Budget for a Basic Screening SurveyGuidance on Selecting a Sample for a School-Based Oral Health Survey
- Guidance on How to Analyze Data from a School-Based Oral Health Survey
- Using Oral Health Data to Inform Decision's and Policy Development
- States with Oral Health Data
- BSS Technical Assistance Request Form
The 2017 revisions to the children's BSS Tool Kit was supported by Cooperative Agreement SU8DP004919 from the Division of Oral Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of CDC.
Funding for the Older Adult publication was provided through the Division of Oral Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Cooperative Agreement NU58DP004919-05.
This tool includes all the information you will need to plan and conduct a Basic Screening Survey of preschool or school age children including the manual, examiner training PowerPoint, examiner training videos, the reference guide for screeners, and all reference documents.
Order and download the Basic Screening Survey for Older Adults Planning and Implementation Toolkit
This toolkit includes all the information you will need to plan and conduct a Basic Screening Survey of high risk older adults at congregate meal sites or long-term care facilities including the manual, examiner training video, sample screening forms, sample examiner training PowerPoint, and related reference documents.
BSS Technical Assistance Request Form
ASTDD provides technical assistance with the BSS tool and other aspects of data surveys such as sampling and data analysis. To request assistance, download the Data Technical Assistance Request Form and e-mail to Christine Wood, Executive Director of ASTDD at firstname.lastname@example.org.